- Good stuff
If it was painful to write essays when you were at school, then you might struggle when it comes to adding written content to your website.
These days, everyone has heard that ‘content is king’ – content brings your site up in search engine results, and content keeps people on your site when they get there.
But finding the right words, and putting enough words together to make even one 300 word article can seem like too much time and effort.
What can you do?
1. Forget the kind of essays you wrote at school. Write directly to the reader – as though you’re having a conversation with them. Before you know it, you’re done. You can break an article down into separate parts – then write an article on each. Zap – you now have a series of short articles out of one idea. It can be easier for web visitors to follow too if each train of thought is broken down and focused.
2. If you struggle with punctuation, grammar and writing style – why not do a free writing course – and get visitors to your website into the bargain. How? try Ezine Articles ( http://EzineArticles.com/ ) Sign up and and they’ll take you through a free article-writing course via email. You’ll also learn what you need to know to write professional articles for the web. I learned a lot of what I know about applying my writing skills to the internet the hard way – over years of practice and dogged research! But the Ezine tuition is very, very good and will get you there a lot quicker. And – the articles you send them allow linkbacks to your website. You can’t lose!
3. Put a blog on a subdomain of your site. Write a post or two everyday. About anything. It doesn’t have to be 500 words – it can be any amount you want and can be very informal. Fresh content will bring you visitors. And guess what? You’ve just escaped having to write articles!
4. Steal articles. Legally. That’s what article websites are for. You browse for what you want – find amazing articles and snatch them. You must leave the article author’s details and links in place. The downside is that having these free articles gives your website duplicate content – search engines know that the same content is on another hundred or so sites.
5. Hire someone to write your stuff. There are a truckload of freelance sites around where you can have this done at a reasonable price. Don’t settle for the cheapest though. You need to ensure that you see samples of the person’s work, and you need to ensure that the material they write for you will be completely original.
Sign up for our newsletter!